Barts Heart Centre
At the Barts Heart Centre, we offer high quality, advanced care from leading specialists using advanced technology and the latest drugs and treatments.
We are at the forefront of efforts to develop new treatments for heart disease, and we're very proud that patients at our hospitals have some of the best clinical outcomes in the country.
Our cardiology services provide treatment for conditions including congenital heart defects, coronary artery disease, electrophysiology, heart failure and valvular heart disease.
Our cardiac surgery care is performed to treat ischemic heart disease, congenital heart disease and valvular heart disease. We also offer heart transplantation.
Cardiothoracic surgery (known as thoracic surgery) treats the organs inside the chest, for example heart and lung diseases.
We are internationally renowned for advances in heart treatments and cardiac services. These include:
- the world’s largest cardiac MRI services (our cardiac MRI protocols are used in 23 different countries)
- the world’s first 24/7 consultant-led heart rhythm service
- the UK’s largest echocardiogram, CCT and Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
- the largest hypertrophic obstructive cardimyopathy super-super-specialised services in the country
- an internationally-recognised cardiomyopathy team
- a specialist service for adults with congenital heart disease
- a national aorto-vascular centre
- navigational bronchoscopic treatment.
At St Bartholomew’s and The Royal London we offer robotic surgery. This means that tiny incisions can be made which allows for extremely delicate and precise surgery – and less blood loss, fewer complications, less pain and shorter hospital stays.
I would just like to mention how privileged I feel having the opportunity to meet Prof. Schilling and have him treat me. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Prof. Schilling and his surgical team for their professionalism in carrying out the procedure and just generally for taking the time to explain everything about my condition & put me at ease ahead of the procedure. Also the staff at St. Barts were very kind and looked after me extremely well.
Lastly, thank you Helen for setting up the appointments and making all the necessary arrangements with my insurers, the hospital and the surgical team.